Opportune LLP, a leading global energy consulting firm, today announced that Daniel McCormick has joined the firm as managing director.
Based in Houston, Daniel will manage process and technology, business strategy and planning, M&A and due diligence, project development and technology assessments.
Daniel joins Opportune with over 40 years of progressive management, technical, operations, planning and consulting experience across a broad range of industries. Prior to joining Opportune, Daniel served as vice president of Technical Excellence for Tesoro’s refining system, which included optimization of daily operations, front-end development, M&A and business development, and oversight of recruiting, training and development of process engineering talent. His past roles have included: refinery manager, technical vice president, project finance analyst, mergers and acquisition consultant, major upstream project manager and corporate control analyst as well as numerous consulting assignments to drive profitability improvement in refineries.
“Daniel has extensive experience in refining, technology and acquisitions,” said Opportune Partner Matt Flanagan. “His consulting background and leadership roles across the energy industry make him a great asset to Opportune.”
Some examples of Daniel’s previous work include:
- Conducting numerous technology assessments across downstream processes, renewables, synthetic fuels and gas-to-liquids projects;
- Leading consulting programs which identified and captured opportunities that generated annual benefits in excess of 50 cents/bbl. in each of seven U.S. refineries;
- Defining and implementing a comprehensive safety, reliability and optimization program which led to record profits at a newly acquired refinery;
- Developing initial models of acquisition targets to define cash flows for potential targets and performing due diligence including facility assessments and synergy potential post acquisition; and
- Leading overall recruiting, development and planning for process engineering talent for an independent refiner.
Daniel has a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the California Institute of Technology.
About Opportune LLP
Opportune LLP is a leading global energy consulting firm specializing in adding value to clients across the energy industry, including upstream, midstream, downstream, power and gas, commodities trading, and oilfield services. Opportune’s service lines include: chemical engineering, complex financial reporting, dispute resolution, enterprise risk, outsourcing, process and technology, reserve engineering and geosciences, restructuring, strategy and organization, tax, transactional due diligence, and valuation. For more information on Opportune LLP, please visit our website at www.opportune.com.